19th May 2004
Official letter No. 9350004800
The National Youth Commission (Executive Yuan) (hereafter referred to as “the Commission”) has drawn up this policy especially to guarantee privacy in the use of the Internet.
- Appropriate scope: in activities on this website, personal data involved are collected, utilized and protected.
- Collecting information
This website will not collect personal information about the identity of any person who is purely browsing or downloading files from it.
This website will record the user's IP Address, times on-line and the number of times he or she consults each item of information.
If you use the services provided by this website, such as the Suggestions postbox or a subscription to an e-newspaper, the website will, as needed, request your name, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, and the name of your employer.
- Using information: On the basis of internal management needs, this website conducts Internet behavior investigations based on information consulted by users, to serve as an important source of reference in improving service quality. It does not conduct analysis of individual users.
- Sharing information: The Commission will under no circumstances sell, exchange, or rent out any of your personal information to any other group, individual, or private company, except as follows:
To cooperate with a lawful investigation by a judicial organization.
To meet the needs of an investigation or use by any authorized organization acting in the fulfillment of its authority.
Disclosure in good faith as a legal requirement, or for the conservation, improvement, and management of the services of this website.
- About the cookie (personalized information register) file in your browser:
In order to provide better, more personalized service, and to make it easier for you to participate i n p ersonalized interactive activities, cookies will be modified on the basis of your activities on this website.
Your absolute obligation as an individual.
- All users of on-line services available upon application from this website are responsible for maintaining and updating their ow n p ersonal information, and guaranteeing that it is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- If you supply erroneous data, the Commission is entitled to refuse in whole or i n p art the service you have requested.
- If you share a computer with another person, or use a public computer, please protect your privacy in order to prevent other people reading or using your data. Preservation of the confidentiality and security of information is everybody's responsibility.
- If your data is misappropriated or there is any security problem, please inform the Commission immediately.
- The conduct of all Internet users must comply with domestic and international legal norms, and must include full responsibility for personal account numbers and PINs.